Mixed method research is a combination of multiple types and methods of research which allows to get composite results and to analyze the case from different perspectives. Mixed methods can not only present a general statistical outlook on the problem, but also study opinions, motivation, perception etc.
Mixed methods are used to complete the following tasks:
- Testing of product packaging;
- Testing of brand name and images;
- Testing of certain properties of the product;
- Testing of advertising materials;
- Testing for advantages and disadvantages of product samples compared to alternatives;
- Determining optimal price of the product;
- Evaluating staff at a point of sale;
- Evaluating a location for suitability for property construction or opening a business;
- Analysis of competitors’ product and price range;
- Positioning of a new product.