Focus group is one of the most well-known and widespread instruments of qualitative research. This method implies an in-depth discussion with representatives of target audience.
6 to 8 people are invited to focus group. Discussion is conducted by a professional moderator. Clients can observe focus groups personally via one-way mirror or video link.
- Evaluation of brands' image, logo, slogan or advertisements;
- Revealing and describing new types of consumers;
- Revealing consumers' priorities;
- Gaining information on characteristics of customer and consumer behavior;
- Revealing underlying motivation of consuming products/services;
- Revealing perception of products, services, brands by real and potential consumers;
- Finding out opinions about prices of products or services;
- Defining the most preferred information channels;
- Search for ideas of brands' development, advertisements' design;
- Test of hypotheses.
These reasons for human behavior are often unconscious and it is difficult to understand them. Namely therefore projective and stimulating techniques are widely used in qualitative research. These techniques help researchers to reveal motives, attitudes, preferences, values, extent of respondents' satisfaction with products or brands. Projective techniques enable to overcome communication difficulties and reveal implicit motives and attitudes.
Types of projective techniques:
- Associative: word associations, personification;
- Finishing: incomplete sentences, brand mapping;
- Constructing: projective questions, collage construction;
- Additive -completing sentences or stories which have beginnings.
Mix Research has been working since 2009 and conducting focus groups is one of our priorities. We are oriented towards the quality of results achieved during research with application of this method. For this reason we conduct focus groups on our own all over Russia.
We provide both full-service and recruit of respondents (field service). We are ready to work with new clients, therefore we provide new clients with discounts. Please leave your request to receive more detailed information, our specialist will contact you shortly.